
Around this time last year I posted about Fetish Diva Midori's tour to Oz. Alas, we must wait for 2008 (hopefully) for Midori to return.
This year, I met the "Tokyo Love Doll" herself - Satomi - at Uber's most recent play party in Sydney. Canadian born and Japanese bred, Satomi is a Kinbaku and body performance artist, famous for her self-bondage shows as well as a very fiendishly minded Domina. She is also versed in classic Geisha arts, such as the shamisen and koto.
I once heard Satomi described, delightfully as the "perfect blend of Madame Butterfly and Riot Grrrl". She has graced the pages of many magazines, from fetish and tattoo publications to art / culture magazines like Contour and Elegy.
Satomi is wife and oracle (his term) to photographer Lukas Zpira. The couple have been visiting Australia with Lukas Zpira's traveling exhibition of photography, after attending the New Zealand Fetish Ball. They were both booked to give workshops at Uber in Sydney, and Satomi also promised to perform at Uber's play party last weekend.
By 10.30pm when I arrived at Uber, serious socializing was in full swing. There were about sixty guests, and it was good to catch up with old friends and meet many new ones.
Uber is an interesting space: multileveled, with the main dungeon space on the lower ground floor. This is where Lukas Zpira's exhibition will be installed next week. The top area was packed with classy black leather, chrome buckles, high heels and corsets, with splashes of red on several Dommes (including me).
Satomi and I sat and talked before her bondage performance. We discussed living in Japan, and how difficult it could be for foreigners. We agreed on the beauty of Osaka and Kyoto, and discussed her plans for their forthcoming new year trip to Los Vegas. She hopes the vibrant and elaborate shows there will provide inspiration for her own performances. I rather think she could provide them with inspiration herself.
When she excused herself to prepare for the performance, I wondered if she planned one of the self bondage performances for which she is famous. But then I met L, the lovely female sub who was to be her willing victim. L was wearing a backless dress, made specially to reveal the knife play designs carved by Satomi's husband Lukas Zpira at last week's workshop in Melbourne. Oh, I'm REALLY looking forward to attending his Sydney one next weekend.
We descended to the dungeon for the performance.
Satomi seated herself on a hard backed chair, a single carabina key and a length of looped chain hanging from a beam above her head. She wore a short black kimono, waist cincher, seamed stockings and high heels. The soundtrack began, and as the single spotlight lit her, she crossed her very long legs and placed a black riding crop across her thighs.
L appeared from behind the crowd, wearing a stunning white kimono with white tabi socks and purple flowers in her hair. She walked slowly towards Satomi. Directed by a wave of the crop, L sank to her knees, and bowed her head low over Satomi's feet. The white kimono gleamed purely in the spotlight, the white socks peeping from beneath.
Satomi raised L and moved away the chair. She stroked L's face and looked deeply into her eyes, murmuring quietly. Then she firmly, almost cruelly, turned the sub to face the audience and quickly stripped her to the waist.
With graceful, precise movements she bound L's arms behind her, roped around her chest, then looped the rope through the carabina above her. Satomi then positioned the other end of the rope behind the sub, drew it up through her legs, then looped the other end through the chain above her, before catching the end of the rope. The game that was now to be played became clear to me and I smiled, because it so closely echoed a scene from one of sol's and my favorite novels, Kushiel's Chosen.
Satomi, crop in right hand, rope in left, begin to apply pressure on the rope, tightening her grip until L (the rough rope now sawing too and fro over her pussy and clit, bare under the bunched up kimono) stood precariously balanced on the balls of her feet. As I watched Satomi tapping the sub's breast and pussy with her black crop while tightened the rope further, forcing the groaning L to tiptoes, teetering in her white socks, I recalled the scene sol and I both loved:
"I stood, docile, half bound and naked ... she took up another length of cord and set about securing it, from nape to waist and through my thighs, binding it to my wrists. I shifted my shoulders experimentally, feeling the friction of the cord between my legs. "I'm not done yet" she said mildly, taking hold of the back of my neck. "On your knees, if you please".I blinked and came back to the current scene, L still stretched almost beyond bearing on tiptoes, the rope between her legs taut in Satomi's hand. I wondered if Satomi ever tied knots in her bondage ropes....
"I knelt, bowing my head automatically; the tension on the cord caused the silken length working its way between my lower lips to tighten, making me gasp. I raised my head, forced to kneel with back arched and breasts out thrust. "Now" she said, "you begin to understand".
"And then she set about finishing her work, binding my ankles tight together and running the cord to knot at my wrists. No matter how I moved, the cord grew taut between my legs, slipping back and forth. Lest I mistake it for chance, she had cunningly tied a knot there, a small hard protuberance in the soft cord that taunted me, rubbing against [my clit] every time I shifted, causing me to bite my lip"
"It pleased her. It pleased her a great deal ...
"She prowled around me, a finely made deerskin flogger in her hand. There were steel tips at the ends of it ... she brought the flogger across me in a backhanded blow, raking across my breasts, the pain was so vivid I saw stars ... she struck again and I tossed my head involuntarily to avoid the blow, and the cord tightened against my efforts, the knot riding between my thighs ... slick with moisture against my swollen flesh, the pleasure mounting higher the harder I struggled...."
A moment later Satomi released the pressure and the sub sank back down, tabi socks flat on the floor. Satomi moved behind her, firmly swung L (still moving from foot to foot as if not quite sure she was back on the ground) to face the audience, and began a series of more complex bindings that would support suspension. She straighten the kimono, still folded at the waist. The vibrant colors of L's belly tattoo, now half revealed, gleamed in the spotlight.
Satomi began to work above and below L's lovely breasts, correctly positioned the ropes, then finishing with a hard tug to tightened the ropes across the sub's body. The contrast of Satomi's calm, beautiful, almost motionless face with L's very expressive face (especially her quick grimace as the ropes were tugged tight) was delightful to observe. I remembered how - as with Midori - it is the quality of the demo sub that makes a workshop truly special.
Only moments later L was horizontally suspended, knees bent, head bowed, the purple flowers in her hair seeming to float on the heavy fall of her hair. Satomo knelt near her head and spun L slowly, taking her head in her hands, kissing her full on the lips.
Again, it only seemed moments before Satomi began to undo her work. As the final knots fell away, L sank to her knees, ending the scene bowed at Satomi's, feet, her tabi socks again peaking from underneath the graceful folds of her kimono. The half healed designs cut into her back by Lukas Zpira, slightly irritated by the ropes, now stood out brightly against her white skin, like scarlet jewels in the golden spotlight.
As the lights dimmed Satomi lifted L to her feet and hugged her close for several minutes as we all applauded wildly.
The play party began in earnest. And no I'm not going to give you the details, other than to say that I spent several enjoyable hours watching some complex and exquisite needle play, some caning, some flogging and a hell of a lot of fun being had by a sub wrapped in gladwrap and suspended in the leather swing ("oh no, no, no, no no no no no YES YES YES YES" lolol)! But it was the memory of Satomi's experienced hands and calm, beautiful face that stayed with me for days.
Top photo:
Lukas Zpira exhibition poster
of Satomi, from Uber's exhibition opening
invite. Many thanks to Satomi for
permission to republish
Lukas Zpira exhibition poster
of Satomi, from Uber's exhibition opening
invite. Many thanks to Satomi for
permission to republish


No comments:
Post a Comment